EYELASH EXTENSION AFTERCARE
(TO MAINTAIN YOUR EYELASH EXTENSIONS, THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS SHOULD BE FOLLOWED)
1. NO USE OF WATERPROOF MASCARA. If mascara is needed, use oil free (water-soluble)
2. No use of oil based products around the eye area
3. No water in THE eye area within 12hrs after receiving eyelash extensions
4. No sauna and hot tub use within 24hrs
5. no use of heated eyelash curlers
6. don’t tint or perm your eyelashes while wear extensions
7. don’t tug, pull, or pick at your eyelash extensions
8. use caution when blow-drying hair (extensive heat on lashes could distort the shape of the extensions)
9. loss of extensions is normal and will be vary on individual’s growth cycle, expect to lose a few lashes after application (but not many) within 24hrs
10. Never pull off EYELASH EXTENSIONS, pulling off will damage your natural lashes
11. Do comb through your extensions gently, every morning
12. Do schedule a Refill 2-3 weeks no later than 3 1/2 weeks
If an allergic reaction is suspected, swelling, redness or puffiness, contact tech. All severe reactions requires you to seek medical attention. Eyelash extension contain 2-ethoxyethyl, 2-cyanoacrylate
Please follow this after care guidelines for the best possible results.
· AVOID GETTING BROWS WET, except for wiping with distilled gauze on the first day, once an hour until bed.
· Do not saturate the brows with the ointment because your skin needs oxygen to heal.
· Lightly apply ointment every day for 8 days (or more if needed) after procedure.
· If you have excessively oily skin, ointment may not be needed. If you have oily skin, apply ointment 1 time a day.
· If you have dry skin, you can lightly apply ointment up to 3-4 times a day.
· If your brows happen to get wet during healing phase, pat them dry with a clean tissue, DO NOT RUB.
· NO MAKE-UP, lotions or creams should be applied on or around the brows for 14 days during the healing process.
DO NOT RUB, SCRATCH, and OR PICK AT YOUR BROWS while they are healing to avoid pigment loss and scaring.
It is normal to have flakes and lifting during the healing process, don’t pick at them. The flakes need to fall off on their own to prevent loss of pigment and scarring.
It is also normal to have itching, don’t scratch. To alleviate area, gently tap or touch with a clean Q-tip.
Avoid tanning and sun exposure during healing process. We recommend sunscreen after healing process so the pigment doesn’t fade.
Avoid laser treatments or other cosmetic treatments 6 weeks before and after microblading.
Avoid swimming, Jacuzzi, saunas, and excessive sweating. This causes the pores to expand which causes the pigment blur and lose color.
No chlorine within 14days
You will need to get real creative when showering. Take baths, have a salon wash your hair, whatever you have to do to keep the brows dry. DON’T GET THEM WET.
Excessive alcohol intake may result in slow healing of wounds.
Do not use Peroxide, Neosporin, Retin-A or Glycolic Acids in the area while healing.
Do not dye, exfoliate, wax or tweeze eyebrows until brows are fully healed.
Do not exercise for 14 days. Your pores expand and sweat can cause your pigment to blur, fade and possibly not hold. Avoid swimming and hot yoga for 30 days until brows are fully healed.
If possible, try to sleep on your back for 10 days and be mindful of not scratching in your sleep.
Botox, micro needling, chemical peel or facials of any kind should wait until brows are completely healed (about 30-45 days)
If you are planning to have an MRI scan, please inform your physician that you have just had microblading/semi-permanent make up done. The pigments may contain nickel and iron oxide which could possibly alter your MRI results.